11.30.2009

Cold turkey

What do Americans call the aftermath of Turkey Day? Cold turkey? I bet not. It would be unjust of me, too, to call it that, or rather, it wouldn't do justice to the man and our relationship. J was here, we had fun, we had some disagreement that was resolved and he left yesterday. I was left with some emptiness in my heart. I am a bit melancholic, which is not an unusual feeling after he leaves but this time I feel also blue because I feel the loss of some feelings between the two of us. He was the love of my life.

Anyway, I have to quit musing, I have a young French suitor to write to. He thinks I might have gotten killed in the university shooting of Pecs. How global we turned, in more than one ways.

2 comments:

Dan Hadan said...

Hello,

Cold Turkey Day wouldn't really be off, would it? Considering that's usually eaten the day after Thanks Giving. ...

I'm sorry to read that you feel blue. Honestly, I'd feel utterly depressed. But then I find it difficult to engage with most people on a day to day, small talk routine. It leaves me at a loss, but then I've often been at a loss.

Hmm, a young French suitor? That's always good for at least freshing up one's language skills. And it might also be good to get over the blues.

Be well and only good things to you,

DH

countrygirl said...

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the comment I see it only today as I abandoned my blog for a while. Well, my French is non-existent so far.