8.23.2010

Now what?

Next week is already here but the new guy clammed up. He hasn't emailed back since last Thursday. WTF? He said he is very keen to reveal his identity, in fact he can "hardly wait". To which I wrote that I hope it is not going to be too 'apocalyptic'. Explanation: he wrote me a few emails back that Apocalypse actually means "the lapel drops", i.e. truth is revealed. Now 1/ he either doesn't remember his own email, 2/ can't make the connection and he is hurt by my strong wording, 3/ got cold feet about meeting, 4/ met someone else, 5/ busy and/or 6/ his internet crashed. Whatever it is, I don't care. I am annoyed slightly but had enough of guys with over-sized egos where I always feel like I have to walk on eggshells so as not to offend the delicate senses of a Great Artist. I want Normal. Oh, well. Not normal, but somewhat more normal, someone who is capable to carry on a quasi-normal relationship.

2 comments:

Dickie said...

I don't think it was anything you said. I think he was just a flaky person. I have met many women like this online. I don't date anymore, but when I did, I had no patience for this nonsense and refused to enter into any type of written correspondence with women. They either saw me on a live date or to hell with them. It is not arrogance -- I just don't like being jerked around.

countrygirl said...

Actually, he said, he is out of money. Now I asked him about his lovers he mentioned before and now he is out of his minutes or out of his megabytes, till tomorrow when he will have some more. But you are right. I still haven't seen him but not excited either.