7.15.2009

You are fucked up, I love you

You are fucked up and it might be final
Or might you have hope that I fix you?
Certainly not, I am not qualified,
not daring enough, neither courage, nor insight
Just the desire – there.

You cried while – or after? – randomly kissing
my body parts – or was it systematic?
Telling me what an awful thing happened to you
were dumped by a girl you never loved
as you told her in certain terms
a good many times.

And then you fell in love you thought
Hopelessly yearning for a bubble
You had burst before it was blown.
You cried and I smiled smugly when
you told me you could love me
when you'd put this behind you
plus my behind is nicer, too.

Or so you thought. True, the next day
you apologized I found cumbersome
but showed understanding
in case more is coming
my way.

You are fucked up and it's final
No hope, no way, no fixing
It's dawning on my understanding
while I bathe my face in the violet hue
I know you are fucked up
so I can love you.

5 comments:

Dickie said...

I had to read this several times. I decided that I like it.

countrygirl said...

Oh, thanks so much. This is my first (and so far only) poem.

Dickie said...

I think it might be better if your website was in English. It would be more accessible that way. People would be able to comment easier. I see we are both fans of the Listen to Liz blog. Do you know that she used to be a Fast Cupid blogger? That's how I know her.

countrygirl said...

Hi Dickie, does it talk to you in Hungarian, too? I hate this feature! I have no idea how I got it. Will try to change it. I took Liz's blogwatch from your blog, of course. I had no idea she was a blogger at FC. Do you remember her profile name on FC?

Dickie said...

No, it doesn't speak Hungarian. To doing this to change the language:

Go to this URL:

http://www.blogger.com/home

At the very bottom of the page you'll see a Language link. Click that and change the language to English.

Liz was not on Fast Cupid for very long. We didn't really converse. I just complemented her on her blog and she told me about her blogspot blog. I think her Fast Cupid blog was much better. I blogged better at Fast Cupid too. I feel uncomfortable blogging to a whole world of strangers. I cannot really be intimate with my audience.