1.21.2010

Exposing yourself

It is a strange genre - to share the details of your intimate or inner life. I had a dream lately (since I wrote the latest blog entry) - a bad one - where someone abused my confidence (perhaps they sold my pictures? :-)) and I attacked the person - I think it was actually a woman.

But on a more general level I am just wondering how people who write a book about such intimate happenings and inner thoughts in their own lives survive the whole world finding out/learning about them? I guess nothing could make them happier at that point, for the obvious reason. Maybe only the first steps are hard to take?

B actually told me he had written a book. Did you? I asked him. Didn't I tell you? came the answer. He actually did but he still was writing it when he mentioned it for the first time - more than a year ago. Then I asked him what period of time it covered as I remembered he told me it was going to be a novel - autogbiographical. At that point he got strangely embarrassed "let's not talk about me" and asked me instead about my work. A very strange move, as he just loves to talk about himself endlessly. Am I in that book I started to wonder. I'll ask him if I can read the manuscript. Not that I am that controlling - but I'd be interested to see myself on the pages of a literary work. B actually has a very articulate voice when it comes to self-expression.

J just called me and we talked about Baby Doc and the pyramids he ended up seeing - while he was driving home from his college - about an hour's drive over which he usually talks to me on the phone. I started to appreciate him more since I ventured into this dalliance with B - when I get totally fed up with his scoundrelry ways (if it happens) I still will have J. It is a pleasant thought.

No comments: